Monday 25 April 2011


Hello from my bunker

Here's hoping you've all had a wonderful Easter! Sadly I have had to work most of it - A major report I need to write slap bang in the middle of the Easter holidays has meant being cooped up in my (windowless) office. The poor kids have been farmed out here there and everywhere, and are now entirely accustomed to glimpsing me emerging from my lair with mad hair and staring eyes to throw some food at them before retreating back for further self-flagellation.

I managed to revive myself yesterday in order to make lunch for 13 members of my family, complete with assorted allergies/issues with other family members (present) /intollerances of the weather/drink problems (mine).

Why do I do it to myself? I can honestly say I haven't felt this drained for a very long time. I'm literally adding this post in ten minutes before I go back to the grindstone while the sun continues to bless EVERYONE ELSE outside.

I shouldn't be moaning, because on an up note - I have been nominated for a MAD Award! I have no idea who would be so kind, as I have so few followers, and I'm only posting once or twice a month, but I'm still super grateful!

I shall be back when this blasted report is put to bed and I can breathe again......

X

3 comments:

  1. I know the feeling - my family hardly saw me for the Lenten season - I was working for the most part, day into evenings! So this Easter weekend was particularly quiet with trying-to-stay-calm daughter studying for finals, husband acting as chef and in between church services and Masses me catching up on work that was neglected over the last 6 weeks and with friends on line!

    Bravo on the grand lunch! I have been known to ask myself the same question; 'why do I do it?'. Self induced torture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and congrats on the Award! Will now go and see what that's all about!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a nomination, not an award - guess I didn't win, but it was lovely to me nominated!

    ReplyDelete